18 October 2021

[111021] Birthday lunch @ Bedrock Origin



My awesome colleague, Ms Song brought me to Bedrock Origin for lunch!!! Their lunch starts at 12pm, even if we arrived there early, we had to wait patiently till they are ready. 

Anyway, this restaurant is located in Sentosa, faces directly opposite Imbiah station. We took free ride via monorail, free ride will end by end of Mar 2022. 



We ordered set lunch, I’m glad I changed my choice to tenderloin rather than ribeyes. Haha! Cause ribeyes was boring with steak butter and fries...

The waiting time of the food was ok, I believe that really cook upon orders... so while waiting we got serve with flatbread which tasted like naah! Hahaha! It goes with roasted garlic and butter.


Since it was made upon order, even the bread was still warm when served! 

CHAR-GRILLED BABY GEM

TRUFFLE MUSHROOM SOUP

As usual, I was being boring again, decided truffle mushroom soup as starter. It’s a wrong move, not much of truffle taste, overpowered by the mushroom. I think it’s bad that the soup tasted quite plain, kind of under seasoned, ended up asking for salt & pepper! Hahaha! Tasted so much better with the condiments!

Peizhi’s baby gem starter was way better than mine! Despite having a little bitterness from the grilling, but overall it tasted well! At least not under seasoned LOL!
Super big plant, on top of this huge table

While waiting for the main to be served, Peizhi again scanned around the place and noticed this huge pot of... grass? Hahaha! It looks like pandan plant! Hahaha! Really huge! And we noticed quite a no. of customers ordered their fish & chip too! 

Very fortunate that we took the same main, cause the done-ness of my steak came out to be more cooked than Peizhi’s. If she didn’t showed me hers, I may have thought mine was ok. In the end, I heed her advice to return the main (since it’s an expensive meal), the staff seems to be a little less responsive when I made the request. (Totally different kind of reaction as compared to the service shown in Hell Kitchen) But I’m thankfully they are willing to change for me, despite I only took like 1 or 2 bites... (Ya, I should have taken more bites!)

potatoes and onions, foie gras, shallot sauce

Peizhi’s tenderloin was nicely done! This is what medium rare should be!

Thanks my neighbour-at-work for her persuasion, I changed to tenderloin! Hahaha! Tenderloin was so soft... it goes so well with the shallot sauce~ I thought they could give more tomatoes~ you have to  take it with a little of everything like the potato slice, foie gras & onion!! Yum! Anyway, when they did the 2nd round for me, I tink in the middle was quite rare! Lol! But I didn’t tell Peizhi haha, it was ok, I think because it was very flavourful, it may have covered the bloodiness taste. They also did service recovery by giving us complimentary voucher! (I guess they didn’t want to ruin my “birthday” lunch - HAHAHA!)

DEEP-FRIED MACADAMIA NUT BROWNIE

SALTED CARAMEL LAVA CAKE

We recently had cheesecake quite often, so we immediately took out burned cheese cake from our options and go with the other 2. And guess what, I just realised that the description for my lava cake did include sour cream & crumbles... but where’s my crumbles??!!! LOL! I don’t recalled eating any crumbles.. anyway, lava cake gave me an impression something will oozes out from the cake. Was looking forward to that when I cut the cake right at the center... nothing happened. Hahaha! Apparently, the sauce that supposed to ooze out was transferred to the top of the cake. It didn’t taste that fantastic. 

As for the deep fried brownie, it was so cool and tasted so much better than my lava cake! The batter was crispy despite being soaked with the ice cream for awhile, the brownie was good and they gave whole nuts of macadamia! The fried thingy doesn’t make the brownie awkward, it was a good combination! 

I really had an awesome lunch!!! :D


Thank you my very earnest colleague-friend-accomplice! I get to know many different kind of food thanks to you for introducing them! 谢谢你!!!! 😊

BEDROCK ORIGIN098679
23 Beach View Palawan Ridge 
#01-02 
Oasia Resort Sentosa Hotel 
Singapore 098679

0 comments:

Labels

Reminiscent Corner:

Jiejie, I will miss you dearly.
010110
I hope you forgive me, didn't fulfill your "wish". I'm very very sorry.
210510
You are the best aunty I ever had. Please look over mummy, she really misses you!
210810
Grandma (Cheng Tng), thank you for staying so long with papa. I will miss you. Please look over papa from where you are.
260912
Big uncle (Toh Ching Choy), you must be a wonderful person that my father adores. Please be happy and healthy in your next phase of life.
270414
Sensei (Mr Daisaku Ikeda), you have taught me what is faith, life and humanity (& more). I will continue sending you daimoku no matter how aching my inner self feels.
151123

Blog Archive

Translate